Top 10 Activities to Experience in New York’s Hudson Valley
by Taylor Deer
Nature, Wine and Fun!
Are you in the Greater New York City Area or visiting at some point? In New York’s Hudson Valley (just outside of NYC), there are so many wonderful activities for you to enjoy: from hiking in the beautiful mountains of Southern New York State to tasting the best wines on the East Coast.
I live right outside of the Hudson Valley in Northern New Jersey. I love exploring and getting out of the typical urban and suburban areas of New Jersey and exploring the nearby areas that make it feel like I am away in a different area of the United States.
Here is a list of my top 10 favorite activities to experience in New York’s Hudson Valley
- Take a hike through one of the many Hudson Valley trails. Here is a list of some of my favorite trails that offer easy to challenging levels.
- Follow a wine trail or spend a day enjoying one of the many day events that each winery offers. Check out my favorite Southern New York wineries below.
- Torne Valley Vineyards (Hillburn, NY)
- Warwick Valley Winery (Warwick, NY)
- Benmarl Winery (Marlboro, NY)
- Weeds Orchards and Winery (Marlboro, NY)
- Brotherhood Winery (Washingtonville, NY) – Brotherhood is the oldest winery in America. Overseas? Check out this cool article by Wine Turtle on the oldest wineries in the world!
- Robibero Winery (New Paltz, NY)
- Immerse yourself in the art-filled and foodie city of Nyack. Below are my favorite places to eat and have fun in Nyack.
- Spend the day at Bear Mountain. Whether you go on a hike, enjoy the zoo, ice skate in the winter, grab brunch at the Bear Mountain Inn or be German for the day at the annual Oktoberfest at Anthony Wayne Recreation Area, you will be sure to have the time of your life.
- Enjoy the Southern New York’s best ciders at the following places:
- Shopping is always a good idea! Check out the designer outlet stores at Woodbury Common Premium Outlets®.
- Depending on the season you are in the area, pick local produce at one of the many Hudson Valley farms. Here is a list of my favorite farms:
- Enjoy brunch or a nice dinner on the waterfront in the village of Piermont. Afterwards, take a stroll along the pier.
- Experience authentic Mexican food in the town of Suffern. Here are my two favorite Mexican restaurants and bars.
- Treat yourself to a peaceful weekend at Mohonk Mountain House, a Victorian castle resort surrounded by beautiful cliffs, mountains, overlooks, lakes, farm-to-table restaurants and an award-winning spa.
I definitely recommend everyone visiting the New York City area to take a car, bus or train ride to experience serenity in the Hudson Valley in Southern New York State. There is something so magical about this place no matter what time of the year you are here and there is also something for everyone!
Check out this 9-nights Hudson Valley Tour! Departure dates from 08/26/2017 – 09/04/2017.
Discover the heart, soul and history of this legendary waterway on a Hudson Valley tour that begins in romantic Montreal and winds through the rugged beauty of the Adirondacks... rambles in Lake Placid (with an Olympic ski jump demonstration), the farm of John Brown and an island retreat at Lake George… a cruise down the river to West Point... visits to the historic estates of the Rockefellers and the Roosevelts, a wine tasting, and overnight stays at elegant lakeside resorts and lodges… with the final stop at New York City and the electrifying Crossroads of the World.
Exclusive filmed narratives by Ken Burns; classic resort stays on Lake Placid, Lake George & Lake Mohonk; private Hudson River cruise; visits to John Brown Farm, Boscobel Mansion, FDR Nat’l Historic Site, Kykuit, Lake Placid Olympic Center & Adirondack Museum; meeting with sustainable farming expert
Book your trip to New York State and experience the beauty of this breathtaking area. For more information, please send me an email at Taylor@sitinmyseats.com.
Contact or follow Taylor Deer
- Email: Taylor@SitInMySeats.com
- Instagram: @travelswithtaylordeer
- LinkedIn: Taylor Deer
- Facebook: Travels with Taylor
- Pinterest: Travels with Taylor
- Website: Travels with Taylor