The top 3 destination spas in the United States as voted by Travel + Leisure readers for 2016
The hottest trend in travel today is all about wellness. “Integrated wellness is “the word” in travel today!” according to our founder and CEO Lisa Crawford. Add tourism to it and the definition is: travel for the purpose of promoting health and well-being through physical, psychological, or spiritual activities.
Travel + Leisure released their “Worlds Best Awards 2016” lists, and today I’m focusing on their top 3 spa destinations right here in the United States.
Number 3 – The Ranch at Live Oak, Malibu, California
Located in the Santa Monica Mountains on silent film star Hopalong Cassidy’s historic ranch, The Ranch at Live Oaks Malibu houses a Spanish hacienda, a great room, organic farm and kitchen, exercise pavilion and more. There are acres of native grounds offering hiking trails, mountain and canyon views and the perfect setting to focus on your goals.
Although results will varie by person, the Ranch at Live Oak Malibu claims “In one intensive week at our luxury bootcamp, you will gain physical endurance, shed unwanted pounds, tone up and detoxify in a healthy and sustainable way all while ‘getting off the grid’ and back to nature.” With their philosophy being “unplug & off the grid”.
They offer moderate, low impact activity and believe that stimulating your mind and body through sustainable exercise will enhance your metabolism and cleanse and detoxify your body allowing for healthy weight loss.
- Group Hiking
- Core and Ab Work
- Yoga Sessions
- Healthy & Organic Dining
You can get a head start by eating healthy before you go by purchasing their cookbook HERE.
Number 2 – Westglow Resort & Spa, Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Located in the gorgeous hills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, a visit to this Relais & Châteaux Collection Resort and Spa promises not to disappoint. Westglow Resort & Spa, purchased in 2006 by longtime members Bonnie and Jamie Schaefer, and undergoing a massive restoration and renovation creating the world-class resort it is today with the Life Enrichment Center housing the latest in luxury health spa facilities.
Their motto is “Relax the Body, Renew the Mind, Restore the Spirit” and the center features advanced fitness and therapeutic spa equipment. The resort offers Wellness Services including:
- Wellness assessment
- Nutrition Assessment & Diet Consultation
- Health Food Grocerty Store Tour
- Stress Management & Reduction
- Creating Balance in Your Life Workshop
- Recovery Re-Charge Workshop
- Midlife Journey Workshop for Women
- Mind, Body & Spirit Connection Workshop
- Burnout Prevention & Healing Workshop
- Life Coaching Session
Number 1 – New Life Hiking Spa, Killington Vermont
New Life Hiking Spa is a nationally recognized, affordable fitness and weight loss destination. Founded in 1978 by the director, Jimmy LeSage, M.S., New Life is one of the oldest and most established destination spa programs of its kind in the country catering to over 800 guests each spring through the fall season.
Their program accommodates approximately 40 guests at a time. Hiking options accommodate beginner, (along picturesque country settings) intermediate, (along the diverse terrain of the Appalachian and Long Trails) and advanced (challenges up the some of the highest peaks in Vermont) fitness levels.
- 2 to 4 night Mini Vacation is an outdoor fun, stress-reducing getaway. Enjoy the Vermont mountain scenery and fresh air as well as spa amenities.
- 5 to 10 night Jump Start Getaway allows you to lose weight, de-stress, and get stronger while learning new techniques to continue with a healthy lifestyle.
- Weight Loss Retreat of 11 nights or longer empowers you to make realistic solid changes in your eating habits and lifestyle. Our extended program provides a safe comfortable environment where you can realize your permanent weight loss goals.
Call us today to book your way to fitness, health and wellbeing with one of our wellness travel specialists and take advantage of our exclusive privileges at each of these resorts.