The Ritz Paris reopened June 6th after undergoing a four-year, multi-million-dollar renovation, and surviving a fire that ripped through its roof in January.
“The Ritz Paris is reborn and invites you to experience anew the City of Light. Now freshly restored, its grand décor and intimate salons welcome guests to rediscover a unique atmosphere and the inimitable French art de vivre.” The Ritz Paris
The most famous hotel in Europe almost since it was founded in 1898 by César Ritz in collaboration with the chef Auguste Escoffier, the Ritz has long been THE word in luxury and is thought to be the first hotel with ensuite bathrooms and telephones in every guest room. Ernest Hemingway was so frequent a guest that they named a bar for him, and Coco Chanel and Marcel Proust lived there. The hotel’s design also features 15 themed suites that pay homage to it’s famous guests.
The original 159 rooms were reduced to 142 and include 71 suites. The hotel spared no expense with sumptuous antique furnishings and heated floors in the bathrooms.
Some updates included in the remodeling:
- New state-of-the-art fitness center and sauna
- The first ever “Chanel Spa” using all Chanel products
- The first hotel bathrooms stocked with Chanel amenities in all rooms
- New underground ballroom
- 21,500 square foot garden
- Salon Proust, an area for afternoon tea
- New plumbing
- New heating and cooling system
- New telephones and Wi-Fi
The hotel closed for the first time in 2012 for remodeling and the reopening for March was delayed by the electrical fire in January, scorching part of the roof and causing extensive flood damage. At least 50 rooms will still be undergoing renovations at the grand opening.
Two legends in an exclusive union: CHANEL at the Ritz Paris.
The World’s First Chanel Spa Will Open at the Ritz Paris
The Ritz Club, with its indoor pool and modern fitness center, welcomes “CHANEL au Ritz Paris”, the exclusive area dedicated to the art of CHANEL skin care.
Coco Chanel herself stayed at the Ritz for thirty-four years, and the iconic Chanel No5 bottle is supposedly based on the architecture of the building.
A 2014 book, The Hotel On Place Vendôme by Tilar J Mazzeo, tells the history of the Paris Ritz in the 20th century with amazing stories about the Ritz Paris duing WWII.
Please contact us for more information and for privileges only we can bring you, including:
- Complimentary WiFi
- Flexible Check-In and Check Out (Applicable if details of arrival and departure time are provided in advance)
- Guaranteed Upgrade at time of booking
- Round-trip Limousine Transfers with airport greetings (Requires arrival and departure times in advance)
- Full Breakfast for each guest daily at L’Espadon. Also available through room service
The Ritz Paris features three restaurants, three bars (including famed Bar Hemingway) and gorgeous gardens and terraces with retractable roofs. A discreet tunnel is available for completely private guest arrivals and departures.