We’ve already started putting together amazing travel packages for our clients who consider themselves big tennis fans in anticipation for the US Open in New York in August (which is only 4 short months away). They know that getting their itineraries crafted early is what makes the trip a dream versus a disaster.
As we’ve been working with them, we’ve decided that it would be helpful to share some of their must-haves with the rest of our clients who may be attending this year’s event for the first time.
Here’s what they had to say…
- Do what it takes to get up close with the players. It really makes a difference in how you experience the match. These are world-class athletes and they really do put on a show in these matches!
- There are different costs to attending different matches and working with an expert will make sure you get the one that is right for you. Do you want a lower price? Or more elbow room? A full day of tennis viewing? Or just the final game? Don’t just grab the first tickets you see because those likely won’t be the best fit.
- If you have a favorite player, stay updated on where and when they’ll be playing so you don’t miss an amazing moment. Itineraries can help with this but a full concierge can make sure you don’t miss any last minute changes.
- Do your best to avoid driving and messing with parking while you are there. You can call a cab when you need one, OR, even better, a professional who knows how to create your travel plan will provide you a driver who can help you get around without having to learn the area or worry about parking.
- There is a list of things you will definitely want to bring and a list of things you aren’t allowed to bring. There will be security there so you’ll want to make sure you know and understand all this before you get there. Someone who has been can help you access the lists you need and make suggestions on what not to leave at the hotel.
Great advice from some great fans! We hope that as you consider your own tennis adventure this summer, you’ll keep these tips in mind and, if you want an expert hand to craft that vacation experience for you, we are just a phone call away!