• 3:20 PM Arrive at Pisa Airport
• 4:00 PM Meet your driver Michele after you clear customs
• 5:00 PM Arrive at Villa Marae (Formerly Albergo Casanova)
• 6:00 PM Wine Tasting and intro to Tuscan wines served with Tuscan bites followed by 3- course candlelit dinner for 2 at Hotel
This elegant and highly rated boutique hotel (suite only) is an ideal center for exploring Tuscany and all its many treasures, including churches and monuments, as well as enjoying the many cultural events such as the Puccini opera Festival and the Lucca Summer Festival. The closest beach is 15 minutes away and the countryside is wonderful for walking and cycling as well as simply relaxing in the peace and quiet of the 360 private acres around Villa Marae.
To really understand the culture of the local people in Tuscany, it is essential to try some of the excellent wines from the region which have a natural affinity with local cheese, fish, and meat. You will enjoy tasting 4 different wines with canapés while their resident sommelier talks about the characteristics of the wines, the wine producers, their techniques and the different soils where the vines grow.
Dinner for Two at Villa Marae
Villa Marae proudly serves fresh homemade food, and homemade pasta and bread.
Their chefs are passionate about the quality and taste of their food always using the best possible local ingredients. (Please advise us if there are any special dietary requirements they should be aware of). The wine list is focused on wines from the local Lucca area and a selection of Tuscan wines including Super Tuscans.
• 9:00 AM Freshly Prepared Breakfast served on the Terrace
• 12:00 PM Wine tasting and olive oil tasting in Poggio Alloro, light lunch/San Gimignano
• 2:00 PM Meeting in San Gimignano with the local guide at Porta San Giovanni
(Main entrance gate of the city), guided tour half day San Gimignano tour and wine tasting
• 5:00 AM Depart Villa Marae for a private balloon ride (1-hour ride toward Sienna)
• 6:30 AM Private Balloon ride
• 8:30 AM Prosecco Champagne Breakfast
• 9:30 AM Head to Sienna for a private guided tour through the city and Pienza
• 11:00 AM Meeting in Siena at San Domenico Church (Piazza San Domenico) with the local guide for a guided tour of Siena, half day followed by guided tour of Pienza and the visit and cheese tasting of the Cheese Maker nearby Pienza.
• 7:00 PM Return to Albergo Casanova
Siena private guided tour: Narrow alleys, hidden fountains, green valleys and gardens in the middle of the city, fossilized shells in the stones of the Cathedral floor, all of them have something to tell a curious visitor. Natural history, legends and secrets that can be revealed little by little and step by step, getting lost around Siena (well, not literally!)
• 10:30 AM Private guided tour of the Uffizi Art Gallery
Florence’s Uffizi Gallery, housed in former offices employed by the Medici family, houses one of the premier art galleries of the world.
• 11:00 AM Private Guided tour of Volterra with ruins of the Roman Theater, Piazza di Priori and a visit to one of the famous alabaster workshops.
• 7:00 PM Couples Massage at Albergo Casanova
• 11:00 AM Guided tour of the leaning tour of Pisa and Piazza dei Miracoli
• 10:00 AM Pick up from Hotel
• 12:00 PM Take-off from Massa Cinquale Airfield-Forte de Marme – 1 Hour flight time up to Cinque Terre and Portofino, with a free landing in Monterosso for 2 hours of Village sightseeing and lunch.
• 5:00 AM Depart Albergo Casanova for flight home